Letters dedicated to Pat, the crazy-ass building manager of my apartment

Monday, April 5, 2010

PAT SPOTTING!

Isn't she lovely? A face only a mother could love.

Dear Pat,

I ran into you today! Did you see me? Creepily perched behind the bushes with my phone camera pointed at you?

Please excuse this grainy picture of you, it's not your best angle.

So shortly after this picture was snapped, you DID see me, and we had a lovely little conversation that went a little something like this:

Pat: "Oh. I didn't know that was YOU there"
Nat: (ignores rudeness) "Hey Pat, how are things? What's new?"
Pat: "Oh not too much. Just busy busy as usual (??). What's new with you? Staying nice and quiet, the way we like it?"
Nat: (jaw drops). Um, I guess so. See ya later Pat.

Pat, what charm school did you go to? Seriously, I'd love to know where to send my future children to brush up on their manners.

Love,
Nat

P.s. note the t-shirt underneath her afghan. I caught a glimpse of it and it's actually a NEW YORK t-shirt with an embroidered picture of the NY skyline. Her fashion sense is ahead of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment